Information on life as a Marine?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Information on life as a Marine?

I am writing a report for school on life as a Marine so I can get a few more credits. What I would like to know is what was life like during boot camp, after boot camp, now that you are stationed, and how your life has changed from the time you enlisted to now. If I could I would like many different point of views. From a Marine (retired or active), A family member, and or a friend or wife/husband. Any and all information is apprieacted thank you in advance.

No profile, no answers......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

Last edited by Shaffer; 09-19-11 at 09:05 AM.

Credits
    Savings
    Okay i've filled out my profile and I am also looking through the forums for similar posts. In which forum catergorie should I look in?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62685

Search this thread
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Bootcamp stories:
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Chesty's hootch
    USMC Featured Stories

Basically, the information you want is pretty general, and if you go to any of these and do some key word searches for what you want, you will find enough reading to keep you going for days.

I mean, your request is general. What was life like in boot camp? Hard. What was it like after? Fun.

I am being partly facetious, but you should just get on a thread, start searching and reading.

If you have anything specific, ask away.

Also, there are many books you can read. Go to your library and check one or two out. You will find it more beneficial if you do the leg work rather than asking us to sort of fill in the blanks for you. But that said, you'll find many who will answer your questions.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you very much, and i'm also looking for specifics about bootcamp. Like personal experiences. Everyone experiences things differently and have different opinions on things and thats also what i'm looking for.

Credits
    Savings
    Well actually Dave I honestly didn't even think about how different it is now from than. So maybe both eras would be great. Possibly compare the two and find differences and similarities. I am open ears to hear everything about the Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Lol, alright. Deffiantly don't want whiners in here, not useful information.

Thread Information